County Clean-Up Days
The Washtenaw County Water Resources Commissioner’s Office and Board of Public Works, as well as several community partners, will be sponsoring Environmental Clean-up Days for Washtenaw County residents. These events provide opportunities for residents to dispose of many unwanted household items in a safe and sustainable manner. See the event flyers for details on acceptable items.
- April 24, 2021 - Chelsea
- June 26, 2021 - Whitmore Lake High School
- July 24, 2021 - Augusta Township - Lincoln High School, Ypsilanti
- July 31, 2021 - Saline High School, Saline
- August 14, 2021 - EMU, Ypsilanti @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
These events are FREE! However, there is a suggested $15 donation per car to help decrease disposal costs and to help maintain these community collections. Residents may bring up to four tires for free; a $5 donation is suggested for each additional tire. Residents can also bring one television, appliance or computer, but a $10 donation is suggested for each additional item.
Who can participate
This is a service for Washtenaw County residents only. We can't accept materials from businesses, government agencies, non-profits, or other organizations. Please contact us for referrals to manage non-residential waste.
Clean-Up Day Volunteers may help direct traffic or unload materials from resident cars. Click here to sign up to volunteer.
For more information
Please call the Washtenaw County Solid Waste Division at 734-222-3950. For year-round recycling options visit www.washtenaw.org/recycle
Other Disposal or Recycling Options
If you've missed a Clean Up Day, can't wait for the next event, or are looking for an alternate location, there's many other options! Here are the locations we most often refer:
- Recycle Ann Arbor Drop-Off Station: Accepts many items including electronics, styrofoam, some home toxics, furniture, and appliances. View the website for more information and fees.
- Washtenaw County Trash to Treasure: This document is an extensive list of locations throughout the county for reuse, recycling, or donation of a wide variety of items.
- Earth 911 Recycling Center Search: A nationwide website database search that finds locations near you for a wide variety of items.
Appliances - a selection of locations that can take appliances
Electronics - a selection of locations that can recycle or repair electronics
Home Toxics Center - Washtenaw County's household hazardous waste program for residents. Cannot accept materials from businesses or out-of-county residents.
If you can't find your specific item or have more questions about an alternate referral for disposing of your item, contact our hotline at (734) 222-3950 or email us at [email protected].