Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
September 27, 2021
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me® button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
August 8, 2020, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM @ Leonard Preserve
Once again we turn nature into our gym as we hike 3.5 miles along the forests and open fields of the River Raisin. This wellness and fitness hike provides a fairly level terrain and good for the hiker who is just starting to get into longer hikes. Maybe you even want to try out carrying a backpack with some extra weight. There will be periodic stops, and if our timing is right we’ll be able to gaze upon a sea of blazing star in the prairie. Please be sure to bring a mask, sunscreen, bug spray, and water. Hike led by Kelsey Dehring. To register email Kelsey at [email protected] Limit is 10 hikers.
August 8, 2020, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM @ Washtenaw County Service Center
Learning Resource Center
You must pre-register for the boater safety classes as class sizes are limited. Group enrollment is allowed and encouraged! Please send an email to Deputy Gebauer ([email protected]) with your full name(s), date of birth(s), telephone number, and class date that you wish to attend. There are no further steps required for you or your group to register for the class. An email confirmation with additional information concerning the class agenda will be sent back to you, usually within 3 to 5 days. If you are not able to send email please call 734-973-4713 and leave a message with your full name, date of birth and contact number.
August 8, 2020, 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM @ EMU - The parking lot across from Rynearson Stadium
Please only bring waste that you can unload within 20 minutes. To reduce wait times, please pack your vehicles in the order indicated on the aerial map.
WHAT TO BRING:
• Household Hazardous Waste (paint, pesticides, cleaning supplies, oil, batteries, etc.) (no containers larger than 6 gal)
• Tires (no semi or agricultural tires)
• Electronics (TV, computer, entertainment and communication devices, etc.)
• Scrap Metal
• Appliances (refrigerator, dryer, a/c unit, dehumidifier, etc.)
• Bulky household Waste (mattress, furniture, etc.)
• Construction and Demolition Waste (drywall, wood, etc.)
DO NOT BRING:
• Household Trash
• Recyclable Materials (glass, cardboard, plastic, paper, scrap metal)
• Driveway Concrete, Brick, Asphalt, or Shingles
COVID-19 Safety Procedures:
• Wear a mask during your visit
• Remain in your vehicle except when unloading bulky waste
• No change can be made for donations
August 8, 2020, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM @ Washtenaw County Home Toxics Center
The Home Toxics Center provides Washtenaw County residents with a disposal option for flammable, poisonous, toxic and corrosive materials.
New Safety Procedures:
- Please wear a mask or face covering
- Remain in your vehicle at all times
- No change can be made for donations
As always, we can only take materials from Washtenaw County residents and not any materials generated by a business (with the exception of pesticides). Visit washtenaw.org/hometoxics for more information and our complete list of acceptable and unacceptable materials. Don't want to wait in line? Weekday appointments are available - call (734) 222-3950 or schedule your appointment online at washtenaw.org/hometoxics.
Questions? Visit washtenaw.org/hometoxics for more information or call our hotline at (734) 222-3950. Leave a voicemail if you do not reach a staff member, this number is not staffed outside of business hours.