The following inspections are required:
- Backfill - Prior to placement of backfill soil, so inspector can check drain tile, stone, damp-proofing and/or waterproofing, exterior insulation where provided.
- Final - After Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing final inspections have been approved. Before building is occupied.
- Fire-Resistance-Rated Construction - When fire-resistance-rated construction is required between dwelling units after: lathing/ wallboard is in place, prior to covering joints and fasteners with plaster, or taped and finished.
- Fireplace - (Masonry) - When the damper and first flue liner are in place. Optional inspection.
- Footing - Prior to placement of concrete, after all forms, reinforcement, stanchions, piers or trenches are in place.
- Foundation Reinforcement - Prior to placement of concrete, after wall forms are installed any required reinforcement must be securely tied in place.
- Insulation - After all exterior wall insulation is installed but prior to dry walling or other wall surface covering.
- Masonry - Inspection prior the installation of masonry veneer and after the installation of base course flashing and weather-resistant sheathing paper as specified and after completion of masonry construction to verify weep holes and flashing as required.
- Rough Framing - Prior to concealing any framing, after Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing rough inspections have been approved.**
- Subsoil - For house and attached garage, prior to placement of concrete floor, after trade undergrounds are inspected and approved, if applicable. Floor base and vapor retarder must be installed. Also, walkout basement slab insulation. Appendix F - Radon Control Methods are also required.
*Trade inspections can be done in conjunction with another inspection on the same permit without an extra fee. For example, more than one inspection can be performed per trip and the cost will be the same as one inspection. The fee is charged per trip.
**Most manufactured homes do not have a need for rough inspections, because they have been approved at the factory. Exception: Work to the manufactured unit that has been field installed and will be covered must have a rough inspection.