This one-room, irregularly coursed rubble stone school house was built in 1857 and named in honor of an early School Board Member, William Jarvis. The Jarvis Stone School continued operation as a school until 1967. At the time of closure, it was the oldest existing school in Washtenaw County. This building now houses the Salem Area Historical Society. The school was designated in 2013.