What if the absent parent does not cooperate?

Once the papers are served, the other party has 21 or 28 days to respond. If they fail to respond, we will set the case for Court and ask the Judge to enter an Order establishing paternity and/or child support. You will receive a copy of that Order. Payments will then be collected and obligations enforced by the Friend of the Court.

Show All Answers

1. How can I start a case?
2. How do I contact DHS to begin?
3. How is child support collected?
4. How is the absent parent notified?
5. What about custody and visitation issues?
6. What about DNA testing?
7. What about DNA testing in private cases?
8. What about PA approval of judgements of divorces?
9. What happens at my appointment?
10. What if a husband is not the biological father of a child?
11. What if the absent parent does not cooperate?
12. What if the absent parent lives outside of Michigan?
13. What is a child support case?
14. What is a paternity case?
15. What will the court order include?