The Washtenaw County Health Department supports, and affirms the identities of, our trans, gender non-conforming, and intersex community members. Your existence and health matter to us. You will not be erased.
We strongly oppose efforts (or attempts) by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to narrowly define gender as “either male or female, unchangeable, and determined by the genitals that a person is born with.”
Our vision is a healthy community in which every resident enjoys the best possible state of health and well-being. This cannot be met if we are not all healthy together.
Local and LGBTQIA+ Resources
- Jim Toy Community Center: Resource center that exists to provide information, education, social events, and advocacy by and for the Queer and Ally community in the Washtenaw County area.
- Washtenaw ID Project: Ensure that all residents of Washtenaw County have access to a government-issued ID that validates their identity and residency.
- Neutral Zone: Diverse, youth-driven teen center
- Spectrum Center UM: Works toward enhancing the University of Michigan campus climate and support services for LGBTQ+ students, staff, and faculty at the University
- LGBT Resource Center EMU: provides a comprehensive range of education, information and advocacy services for Eastern Michigan University.
- Outspace WCC: a safe space for anybody within the LGBT community at Washtenaw Community College
Resources accessible by phone 24/7: