Date: Saturday, June 30, 2018
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Location: Lincoln High School, 7425 Willis Road, Ypsilanti, MI
See the event flyer
What to bring
- Household hazardous materials (paint, pesticides, cleaning supplies, motor oil, etc.)
- Appliances (refrigerator, dryer, a/c unit, etc.)
- Scrap metal (no chain link or wire fencing)
- Bulky household items (mattress, box springs, furniture, carpet, construction/demolition waste)
- Tires (not on rims)
- Electronics (TVs smaller than 50", computer, monitor, etc.)
What NOT to bring
- Chain link or wire fencing
- Pressure tanks (propane, welding, oxygen, etc.)
- TVs over 50” or rear projection TVs
- Household garbage
The Clean-up Day event is free, but there is a suggested $10 donation per car to help decrease disposal costs and to help maintain this community collection event. Residents can bring up to four tires for free, but a $5 donation is suggested for each additional tire. Residents can also bring one television, appliance or computer, but a $10 donation is suggested for each additional item.
Who can participate
This is a service for Washtenaw County residents only, funded and coordinated by the Washtenaw County Board of Public Works, the Office of the Water Resources Commissioner, Augusta Township and Advanced Disposal. All Washtenaw County residents are welcome and encouraged to attend. This collection is intended for residential use only – please, no businesses.
Other Clean-up Days
Two additional County Clean-up Days will be held in other communities this year, including September 29 at the Thomson Reuters office complex in the Saline area, and October 20 at Eastern Michigan University’s Rynearson Stadium in Ypsilanti.
For more information, please call Augusta Township Supervisor Brian Shelby at 734-461-6117.