Contractor Resources

OCED operates the Housing Rehabilitation Program serving income-eligible homeowners. The Owner Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Program has four components:

OCED also works with housing developers on projects financed through OCED and include: homebuyer programs for single-family home rehabilitation projects and multi-family/rental housing rehabilitation projects.

Approved Contractors

OCED is seeking licensed general and residential contractors to become approved contractors in order to bid on multi-family and single-family rehabilitation projects funded through the department. Only approved contractors may bid on OCED projects. To become an approved bidder, contractors and subcontractors should inquire with OCED staff. Contractors interested in being added to the approved bidders list may apply anytime.

How To Apply

To learn more about contractor application requirements, upcoming and ongoing opportunities or to receive a contractor application packet; Email Aaron Kraft or call 734-544-3019. Interested contractors can also download and print out an application (PDF). An application can also be mailed to: 

Attention: Aaron Kraft, Housing Program Supervisor
The Office of Community and Economic Development
415 W Michigan Avenue
Suite 2200
Ypsilanti, MI 48197

You can also email completed applications to Aaron Kraft at [email protected]

Additional Information

The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requires OCED to recruit Section 3 contractors. If a contractor gains Section 3 certification they can be eligible for preferential treatment when bidding.

Some work completed through the OCED Rehabilitation Program requires contractors to comply with HUD and EPA lead based paint regulations (PDF).

Contractor's Manual and All Trades Master Specifications for the Office of Community and Economic Development Housing Programs outlines minimum standards of materials, workmanship, and levels of quality required by the guidelines set forth by of this Department.  It is intended that these minimum standards shall prevail, except when standards that are more stringent are required by County, State, or local codes.