Mortgage & Tax Foreclosure

For those facing mortgage foreclosure, help is available from Housing of Urban Development (HUD) or Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) counselors at

OR call 1-888-995-HOPE (4673) to talk for FREE on the phone with a certified housing counselor. 

Additionally, for those Washtenaw County residents aged 55+ facing foreclosure, contact Housing Bureau for Seniors by calling (734) 998-9339 or email [email protected]. Legal Services of South Central Michigan *may* help out qualified homeowners on a case by case basis. 

For those facing property tax foreclosure, please contact the Washtenaw County Treasurer's Office at (734) 222-6600 to work with their housing counselor to apply for a one-year financial hardship extension. 

To view MSHDA's 2020 Virtual Housing Resource Fair please click this link