Member Resources

Housing Assistance: Housing Access for Washtenaw County

Visit the Housing Access for Washtenaw County (HAWC) website. If you are homeless or experiencing a housing crisis, please call 734-961-1999.

HAWC is Washtenaw County’s central intake for individuals and families who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness. The central intake is the single point of entry for all emergency shelters and housing resources that are available to serve people experiencing homelessness in the county. Residents of Washtenaw County may call HAWC for housing assistance, information and/or referral. Please note: there is a severe shortage of housing resources in Washtenaw County and HAWC is not able to help all people who are experiencing a housing crisis.

Michigan Tenant Counseling Program (MTCP)

The Michigan Tenant Counseling Program (MTCP) provides information for tenants throughout the state of Michigan. Due to funding restrictions, MTCP no longer provides phone/email counseling services. However, we've collected some of their most helpful tools.