Parker Mill County Park
Parker Mill County Park, together with the City of Ann Arbor's Forest Park, is a 45-acre tract of mostly wooded land that encompasses the tail end of Fleming Creek, including its mouth, where it joins the Huron River. The historic operating grist mill is one of the highlights of the park.
Parker Grist Mill
Built in 1873, Parker Mill is one of the historic treasures in Washtenaw County. The grist mill is operable and contains original milling machinery left inside the mill when the Parker family ceased operation in 1958. The mill is open for public tours on select Sundays in the fall, and group tours are available by appointment May through October.
Parker Cider Mill
Built in 1887, the building was originally used as a cider mill. Today, the building houses old equipment and interpretive signs; no cider pressing equipment remains.
The pavilion has interpretive display panels, maps, restrooms, picnic tables, and a drinking fountain. Drinking fountain and restrooms open May through October only.
Fishing opportunities are available at Parker Mill County Park in the following locations:
- Area #1 - Fleming Creek, north of the pioneer log cabin only - no fishing along Hoyt Post Trail
- Area #2 - Huron River near the Dixboro Road dam and footbridge
The Hoyt G. Post Trail
A one-mile long, accessible boardwalk connects five natural/interpretive areas along Fleming Creek and near the Huron River. This trail is a flat walkway with wide side curbs to keep wheelchairs and walkers on the boardwalk. This trail was constructed with a donation made by the late John C. Post and Thelma B. Post, in honor of John's brother, Hoyt Garrod. Hoyt G. Post, a former University of Michigan student, returned to Ann Arbor on many occasions and enjoyed hiking and canoeing along the Huron River.
Walkers, wheelchairs, and strollers are welcome. Dogs are not allowed on this trail. The trail is available year-round but is only accessible to walkers during inclement/snowy weather. During the winter months, park access is most convenient from the Dixboro Road parking lot entrance. Guided nature walks along the boardwalk are available by appointment.
Helen and Norris Post Legacy Trail and Pavilion
In 2009, the trail and pavilion north of Geddes Road opened to the public. Completed partially with the remaining funds from the original donation from John C. Post, the trail and pavilion allow guests to retreat into nature. The 0.25 mile nature trail roughly outlines the gristmill's former millpond. Dogs are not allowed on this trail.
A lovely pavilion elegantly blends with the natural setting of the park. The wood and limestone pavilion features inlaid etchings of drawings by Norris Post.
A paved path connects Parker Mill County Park to the City of Ann Arbor's Gallup Park. This scenic route crosses the Huron River and is appropriate for use by cyclists and joggers/runners. This path is open year-round, but access during winter months is most convenient from the Dixboro Road parking lot.