Re-Applying for a Concealed Pistol License
Re-applications for CCW/CPLs cannot be accepted until April 6, 2020.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Washtenaw County Clerk/Register’s office is closed until April 6, 2020 by order of the Washtenaw County Administrator.
Our offices will not be available in-person or by phone during this time.
Certain Clerk/Register services will continue ONLINE and BY MAIL during this closure - PLEASE SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
If your concealed pistol license is expired for more than one year prior to the date you are applying or you have been found to be not qualified for a license previously, your application is considered a "re-application" - not a renewal or new application.
If you are attempting to renew a license that is expired one year or less prior to the date of application please see the renewal process.
$100 at the point of application, plus a separate payment of $15 at the point of fingerprinting.
Payment Types Accepted
Cash, Check, Money Order, Credit (Visa, MasterCard & Discover, only)
- Obtain an application from County Clerk/Register, local police department, Sheriff Department, or online.
- Complete Pistol Safety Training Course
- Appear in-person and submit completed application and certificate of completion of pistol safety training to:
County Clerk/Register Suite 120
200 N Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
You must complete the training and present the training certificate at the time of application, even if you previously completed training. Your training certificate must state that it complies with the requirements of P.A. 372 of 1927, as amended.
Application must be signed in the presence of a Deputy Clerk. Training must have occurred within 5 years of application date and must state that it complies with the requirements of P.A. 372 of 1927 as amended.
Your training certificate must contain the following, which shall be printed on the face of the certificate or attached in a separate document:
- the instructor’s name and telephone number
- the name and telephone number of the organization that has certified the individual as an instructor
- the instructor’s instruction certificate number & expiration date of that certificate.
4. Visit the Sheriff’s office to have fingerprints taken:
2201 Hogback Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
- You must take the receipt of application received from the County Clerk/Register to the Sheriff’s Office
- The Sheriff’s office provides fingerprinting service on the following, only:
Monday and Friday - 8 a.m. to Noon
Tuesday through Thursday - 1 to 4:30 p.m.
- After fingerprinting a background check is completed. A letter will then be sent informing applicant of approval or disqualification.
- All approved permits are sent through the mail along with the approval letter.
- If a permit is lost or stolen, there is a $10 fee for a replacement.