Meri Lou Murray Recreation Center
Since the Meri Lou Murray Recreation Center opened in 1991, it has been a popular venue for recreation enthusiasts. The center has approximately 51,000 square feet of space dedicated to fitness and recreation. With close to 400,000 visitors annually, we strive to enhance quality of life by promoting healthy lifestyles through high quality facilities, programs, and services. We feature open spaces and lots of natural light to create a healthy environment where you can achieve your fitness goals.
Meri Lou Murray Recreation Center reopens at 6 a.m. Tuesday, September 15, to members only, with restrictions.
- Mondays-Fridays 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturdays & Sundays 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Lower gym hours are:
- Monday-Friday 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Closed for cleaning 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.)
- Saturday & Sunday 8 a.m. 5 p.m.
Pool hours are:
- Monday-Friday 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Closed for cleaning 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Saturday & Sunday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
In order to operate safely, we have instituted a lap swim reservation-only policy. To make your reservation, call the front desk up to 48 hours in advance and book up to 2 days in advance (you cannot swim on the same day you make a reservation). To make a reservation for lap swim, please call 734-971-6355 ext.0
Lap Swim No Show/No Call Policy: No shows for lap swim appointments are documented on a hourly basis (if any). Guests who fail to arrive for their reserved lap swim time will be documented. Two no shows will result in a restriction to reserve lap swim for one week no reservation access.
Cancellation Policy: Please call and cancel as soon as possible. Continual cancellations or no shows will result in a restriction to reserve lap swim for one week.
In an effort to serve more of our community members we are strongly encouraging lap swimmers to limit their visits to 2 times per week. Thank you for considering others as you make your reservations.
- Cardio Room - 16 patrons
- Weight Room -10 patrons
- Spin Studio - 4 patrons
- Walking Track - 4 patrons
- Lower gym - 15 patrons
- Pool - 4 patrons
- Face masks are to enter our facility and be worn at all times
- Social distancing guidelines will limit the number of people entering the facility at one time
- All members who have a monthly or yearly membership that have been issued a membership card are required to use this card to scan into the facility
- The locker rooms will be open, with modifications
- Showers may be used as long as proper distancing can be maintained
- All restrooms will be sanitized daily and hand soap will be fully stocked
- All members will have access to disinfectant and towels and must wipe down equipment before and after use
These changes are being implemented to comply with CDC guidelines and the Washtenaw County Health Department. If you have specific questions or concerns, please speak to the supervisor on duty or email us at [email protected] .