High Impact Grants
The New Human Services Partnership High Impact funding round will provide 5-years of funding to human service organizations working to scale existing human services initiatives. High Impact Grants are intended to provide resources to “change the conditions” for those experiencing systemic oppressions of racism, trauma, or poverty in Washtenaw County.
While we are seeking a partnership with organizations in hopes of providing system changing human services initiatives in Washtenaw County, this is not an opportunity to experiment on vulnerable populations but to expound and improve upon the services, systems, and practices already in place. For this reason, we see High Impact Organizations as those that are aimed at identifying and changing systems to address the root causes of systemic oppression: Racism, Poverty, and Trauma.
High Impact Grants Pre-Bid Meeting
To be eligible for systems change, high impact funding, organizations must prove that they have:
- Existing equity processes embedded throughout the organization and related programming and/or proposed initiative. This can be demonstrated through the following:
- Previous and/or ongoing equity assessment and strategic plan
- Equity driven policies and board practices as described in the organization’s Policy and Board manual/handbooks
- Stakeholder assessment and proof and adaptation of findings
- Proven long-standing history of providing quality community-based service:
- State and/or federal funding monitoring results
- At least 10 years of service in the community, providing annual reports as supporting documentation
- Letters of support from partner agencies
- Stakeholder engagement and proof of adaptation
- Play a significant role in a human services system:
- Can clearly articulate services provided and current outcomes
- Can clearly articulate barriers to providing current services
To learn more about the High Impact Grant funding round, see the High Impact Grant framework here.
Timeline for High Impact Grants (2023)
Monday, November 28 – Tuesday, December 16, 2022
Thursday, December 22, 2022
High Impact RFP Information Session
Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 1-2pm
Tuesday, March 7, 2023
Eligibility Review and Reviewer Deliberation
Board and Council Approval
Grant and Contracting to Begin
High Impact Grant Office Hours
Office hours were offered to organizations for an opportunity to meet with OCED leadership to discuss specific proposal ideas, seek clarity on the funding process, and learn more about funding expectations before the funding round began.