Get Help

Self-Referral for Washtenaw County Residents

Residents can use the tool below to find screen agencies for the Barrier Busters Emergency Unmet Needs Fund. This fund can assist low-income residents with various needs, including housing, utilities, transportation, medical, and other emergency needs. 

Please know that our funding is limited, so we may not always be able to help. Agencies may refer residents to other community resources. 

Housing Requests

Before accessing funding, all eviction prevention and security deposit requests must go through Housing Access for Washtenaw County (HAWC). Residents can start intake with  HAWC  by calling (734) 961-1999 or submitting a contact form online. 

Resident Survey

For those of you who have connected to a Barrier Busters agency for emergency assistance, please fill out our resident satisfaction survey to tell us about your experience. Barrier Busters will use Your feedback to help improve our program, and your personal information is not shared with the agency that assisted you and is confidential. This optional survey takes between 3 and 7 minutes to complete.

Barrier Busters Screening Agency Client Satisfation Survey

Site Tools