Home Recycling Resources
How do I find recycling where I live?
Most areas of Washtenaw County offer some form of recycling services. Trash, recycling, and composting services vary widely throughout the county. Some municipalities contract a service for all residents, while others may require residents to find and contract a waste hauler themselves. Please contact your municipal office for the most up-to-date information on what is available to residents in your area.
For recycling information found below, we strongly recommend calling ahead or checking online to confirm each location’s acceptability. Exclusions may apply.
Local Recycling Locations
- Recycle Ann Arbor Recovery Yard - Services include document shredding, drop-off recycling, drop-off disposal of general waste, and construction and demolition debris recycling. Available to residents and businesses regardless of location.
- Recycle Ann Arbor Regional Drop-off Station - Recycle Ann Arbor operates Washtenaw County’s most comprehensive regional Drop-off Station (DOS). Recycling and disposal of single stream recycling (paper, cardboard, plastics, and glass), electronics, foam, tires, fluorescent bulbs, appliances, and more. Available to residents and businesses regardless of location.
- Western Washtenaw Recycling Authority (WWRA) - A non-profit public recycling program that provides convenient recycling drop-off centers to the Townships of Bridgewater, Dexter, Lima, Lyndon, Manchester and Sylvan, as well as weekly curbside recycling pick-up to the Village of Manchester and the City of Chelsea.
- Chelsea Transfer Station - Residents of any community can bring fluorescent bulbs and appliances (including freon-containing appliances) for recycling. Bulky waste disposal for furniture, carpeting, building demolition waste, and disposal of household trash is also available. Fees apply.
- Ypsilanti Township Compost Site - Residents of any community can bring scrap metal, car batteries, and appliances (including freon-containing appliances) for recycling. A recycling container on-site provides township residents with additional recycling capacity with the same guidelines as curbside recycling. Fees may apply.