Links & Other Resources
- Interview with Master Composter Instructor, Nancy Stone - CTN’s The Green Room from August 7, 2017, includes discussion on backyard, worm and other types of composting, plus information on the annual Master Composter Class held in Washtenaw County.
- Compost Education Center - The Compost Education Center (CEC) of Project Grow is charged with managing two composting-related activities, that of producing compost, and using this process for educational purposes - learning how to compost. This mission is based on the appreciation that composting is essential to community gardening.
- www.mastercomposter.com - This site provides references on all aspects of home composting including building and maintaining compost piles, worm composting and other composting methods, equipment, compost ingredients, carbon to nitrogen ratio, and more.
- Environmental Protection Agency’s Composting Site - Provides composting and compost application information for compost facilities, businesses, industry and local governments.
- HowtoCompost.org - From beginners to experts this website is designed to be a hub for all composting information.
- US Composting Council - A national non-profit trade and professional organization promoting the recycling or organic materials through composting.
- A List of DEQ Registered Composting Facilities - Michigan facilities that collect material to produce compost. May be openly available for drop-off or purchase by the public.
- Local Municipal Composting - Ann Arbor - The City of Ann Arbor collects residential compost and contracts with WeCare Compost to turn Ann Arbor’s organic waste materials into high quality landscaping products (compost & mulch).
- "Backyard Composting"
by Harmonious Technologies
An easy to read how-to guide to composting
- "Rodale Book of Composting"
by Deborah L. Martin and Grace Gershuny
A more in-depth approach to composting with the emphasis on the science behind composting
- "Worms Eat My Garbage"
by Mary Appelhof
How to set up and maintain a worm composting system