Tell us about Economic Harm

Please complete the form below to make our office aware of economic-related harms that you may see in the community. This is not a substitute for a police report. A formal report will be required before any action can be taken by the Prosecutor's Office.  If you wish to contact the police, please look up the appropriate policing agency. If you are experiencing an emergency, please contact 9-1-1.

Filing out this form is a great way to tell the Economic Justice Unit what happened. We will review your case carefully. The Economic Justice Unit represents the People of the State of Michigan and will not represent you as a lawyer – so please continue to look at and pursue every option that you may have to assert your rights without relying on the Economic Justice Unit to take action for you. Although we will make every effort to protect your private information, please be advised that information provided to our office in this form is not subject to attorney-client confidentiality. 

Once we receive your information, it will take some time to look at your case, and you may not hear from us immediately. We may follow up to discuss next steps, including walking you through the process of filing a more formal report with the appropriate law-enforcement agency.  

If you need any language assistance or accommodations, please contact our office directly by phone or email. If your complaint is regarding an open case in our office, please contact us directly by phone or email. Please do not send any documents at this time. If we need any additional information, we will contact you to request it. 


Please do not hesitate to contact the Economic Justice Unit, including to:

  • Get assistance filing a complaint
  • Tell us about an issue that you are seeing
  • Ask us to speak at your organization
  • Ask us to provide know-your-rights materials

To contact us, email [email protected] or call (734) 222-6620