Candidate Filing Officials
- Affidavits of Identity may be notarized remotely by any Notary Public commissioned in the State of Michigan using any video conference platform that they’d like so long as the platform can record the transaction.
- Notaries Public can be found here.
- Petitions are available from the County Clerk’s office upon request.
- Campaign finance paperwork can be submitted by email to [email protected]
- Questions? Contact [email protected]
Candidates for Washtenaw Community College & Local School District Boards for whom Washtenaw County serves as filing official:
- The deadline to file an Affidavit of Identity and either a $100 nonrefundable filing fee or School Nominating petitions at the Washtenaw County Clerk’s office is July 21, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
Candidates for Ann Arbor & Ypsilanti District Library Boards:
- The deadline to file an Affidavit of Identity and either a $100 nonrefundable filing fee or Nonpartisan Nominating petitions at the Washtenaw County Clerk’s office is July 16, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
Candidates running without party affiliation for County Commissioner & Countywide officer:
- The deadline to file an Affidavit of Identity and Qualifying Petitions at the Washtenaw County Clerk’s office is July 16, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
Candidates running without party affiliation for Township, Ann Arbor City, and Ypsilanti City offices:
- The deadline to file an Affidavit of Identity and Qualifying Petitions at the appropriate City or Township Clerk’s office is July 16, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
|Office||Affidavit of Identity
|City / Township Office (Mayor, Supervisor, Treasurer, Clerk, Council, Trustees, Park Commissioners and Township Library Trustees)||City / Township Clerk||County|
- County Clerk / Register
- Prosecuting Attorney
- Water Resources Commissioner
|County Commissioners||County Clerk||County|
|Precinct Delegate||County Clerk||Do Not File Campaign Finance|
|Probate Court||County Clerk||State|
|Salem-South Lyon District Library||Oakland County Clerk||Oakland County Clerk|
|School Board Members||County Clerk||County|
- Attorney General
- Circuit Court
- Court of Appeals
- District Court
- Justice of the Supreme Court
- MSU Trustees
- Secretary of State
- State Board of Education
- U of M Regent
- WSU Governors
|State Representative Districts 52, 53, 54 & 55||County Clerk||State|
|State Senate 18th District||County Clerk||State|
|State Senate 22nd District||State||State|
|Village of Barton Hills (President, Clerk, Treasurer, Trustee)||Ann Arbor Township Clerk||County|
|Village of Manchester (President, Clerk, Treasurer, Trustee)||Manchester Township Clerk||County|
|Washtenaw Community College Trustee||County Clerk||County|
|Write-in for Precinct Delegate||County Clerk or at voting precinct on Election Day||Do Not File Campaign Finance|
|Ann Arbor District Library||County Clerk||County|
|Ypsilanti District Library||County Clerk||County|
It is extremely important to return candidate and campaign finance filings to the correct filing official.