- Your Government
- Departments A-H
- Health Department
- COVID-19 Vaccination
COVID-19 vaccines are recommended for everyone 6 months old and up. They are free, safe, effective, and easy to get!
Stay up-to-date on your COVID-19 vaccines to make sure you're as protected as possible. Check out the CDC's website to see when you need a booster.
Find a convenient provider near you: https://vaccines.gov/search. Our "Where to Get a COVID-19 Vaccine" page also lists local options.
Health Department COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic (555 Towner in Ypsilanti)
Schedule an appointment by calling us at 734-544-6700.
We prefer people schedule appointments, but we can take walk-ins without appointments based on our availability during clinic hours (Monday-Friday from 9-11am and 1-4pm). Please note that you will likely have to wait to be seen if coming in without an appointment.
- Clinic is appointment-only and open to everyone 6 months old and older.
- Pfizer and Moderna initial doses and updated/bivalent boosters available. We do not have Novavax or Johnson & Johnson vaccine - if you would like either of these vaccines, please search for a provider offering it on vaccines.gov.
- All COVID-19 vaccines are free. You do not need an insurance card to be vaccinated at the Health Department, but please bring yours if you have insurance. We will charge insurance for the administration of the vaccine, if possible. If you don’t have insurance, that’s okay. There will continue to be no out-of-pocket charges for COVID-19 vaccines at our clinic.
- You also not need to live or work in Washtenaw County to be vaccinated at our clinics. Everyone is welcome, including individuals who are not U.S. residents.
- If possible, please bring your identification and vaccination card (if coming in for a booster). ID is not required, but is helpful for faster processing.
- Those getting their COVID-19 vaccine at this clinic can also request a flu vaccine at the same time.
- A parent or guardian should be present when minors are getting vaccinated. If a parent/guardian cannot be present, an adult must accompany the minor. Written permission and a number where the parent/guardian can be reached is required. Identification is not required for minors.
- Looking for information about vaccines other than the COVID-19 vaccine? Visit this page or call us at 734-544-6700 to make an appointment.
Saturday, April 8th at Pull Over Prevention
- Vaccines available from 10am-12pm, Pull Over Prevention event from 10am-2pm
- Grace Fellowship Church (1301 S. Harris Rd in Ypsilanti)
- To schedule a vaccine, call (734) 926-4957. COVID-19 vaccines for everyone 6 months old and older. Health insurance is not required, but if you have insurance, please bring your card. To schedule a vaccine, call (734) 926-4957.
- FREE car repair, COVID-19 test kits, masks, and more! See event flyers in English and Spanish.
Staffing and doses at pop-up clinics may be limited. First come, first served, if necessary.
We have limited capacity to accommodate requests for pop-up COVID-19 vaccine clinics. If you would like to request a pop-up vaccine clinic or if you are with a group or nursing home and need assistance with vaccination, please email [email protected]. We continue to run regular vaccine clinics and vaccines remain widely available across the county.
- In most situations, Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines are preferred over the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine for primary and booster vaccination. Learn more here.
- See printable COVID-19 vaccine materials here.
- Please remember to eat about an hour before your vaccine appointment and stay hydrated with water or non-caffeinated beverages!
- FREE, door-to-door, accessible, round-trip transportation to any COVID-19 vaccination site in Washtenaw County is available through the Vaccinate Washtenaw Program. They can also provide transportation to and from testing, follow-up healthcare appointments, pharmacy trips and caregiver transportation.
- This program is open to any person of any age in Washtenaw County.
- Rides are booked through the AARP [email protected]+ Program, powered by Feonix - Mobility Rising. It's a one phone call process to book the ride(s): just call 844-900-4892, and use code "Vaccinate Washtenaw." If the call center is busy, you can also call 734-773-0907 to schedule a ride.
- Can't easily leave your home to get your COVID-19 vaccine or booster? Disability Rights Michigan can help!
- Call 1-800-288-5923 and let the representative know that you would like a vaccine given in your home. If you are getting a COVID-19 vaccine, they can also bring flu vaccine at the same time.
- Services are free and confidential.