COVID-19 Vaccination

Request a vaccine from WCHD

Solicitud para Vacunación Individual

Not sure if you're eligible for vaccination? See the vaccine priority guidance page.

See our YouTube channel for COVID-19 vaccine video updates in English and Spanish.

Updated 3/1 at 10:00 am
Please remember there is not enough vaccine to schedule everyone now eligible. It may take months to schedule everyone eligible, depending on supplies. If you are on our list, we will be in contact as soon as possible. 

Please do not call or email asking for updates if you have already completed an appointment request. If you need help completing an appointment request by phone, call 734-544-6700 or 211.

  • If you are currently eligible, please use this link to request an individual appointment, and this link for organizational requests. A completed request does NOT mean an appointment is available. You will receive a registration link (or call) when an appointment is available. Supplies are week-to-week, and we cannot provide better timelines. This is the anticipated timeline
  • NEW: Starting 3/1 food processing and agricultural workers are eligible according to state guidelines This does NOT include grocery store, restaurant, or food distribution workers as per the state.
  • Pharmacies: Under a federal program, Meijer and Rite Aid are now offering vaccine. Rite Aid to adults 65 and older and Meijer to anyone currently eligible under state guidance. Both have online registration processes, and Meijer offers phone assistance: Meijer and Rite Aid eligibility survey See more about the federal partnership.
  • Other health providers: Everyone eligible can request a Health Department appointment, and we will continue to provide as many vaccinations as we can to eligible individuals. We continue to meet regularly with our healthcare partners to coordinate as much as possible. See more about local vaccine availability. 
  • Teachers/school employees: We continue working with local schools and districts to provide vaccine appointments. Michigan Medicine and IHA are helping us give available doses.
  • Please DO NOT share registration links
  • Individuals are offered appointments based on state guidelines and local vaccine availability. Each week, all available vaccine is used to schedule appointments. About half is needed for second doses. The remaining half is divided roughly as follows: 75% of vaccine supply to older adults and the remaining 25% for eligible frontline essential workers. See more about distribution strategies. 
    • Health conditions or more advance age are not currently considered under state guidance.
    • Everyone 65 years and older is eligible by age. 
  • All vaccination is by appointment. Please do NOT show up at any vaccination site without an appointment. (NO doses are wasted. Do NOT show up to request an unused dose. We work from existing priority lists for any unused doses.)
  • Vaccine doses are allocated to local health systems and health providers at the state level. The Health Department does not control these supplies but is working with health partners to coordinate delivery of vaccination to those eligible.
  • See more information about signing up here.

Additional information:

Health Department Vaccination
as of 3/2/21


1st doses given


2nd doses given


total doses given


approx. doses this week (2/28-3/6)

See more vaccine data here.

Printable WCHD COVID-19 vaccine materials:

  • Flyer on how to schedule a vaccine appointment in Washtenaw County (English, Spanish)
  • Flyer for Washtenaw County seniors (65+) on how to get a vaccine appointment (English, Spanish)
Who can request a vaccine appointment from WCHD right now?

Want the latest COVID-19 news sent to your email? Sign up for our COVID-19 Email Updates!

A COVID-19 vaccine will be critical in slowing the spread and helping communities recover from the pandemic. Stopping a pandemic will take ALL our tools: handwashing, masks, social distancing, and vaccines. Taken together, these tools offer the best chance of getting our communities, schools, and work sites back to normal sooner. Please remember we will need to continue using prevention strategies as a vaccine becomes available and for some time after.

Vaccine manufacturers will release a limited supply of COVID-19 vaccines during the first few months that they are available. As the local health department, we are responsible for supporting emergency vaccine distribution and have plans in place to do so. These plans include determining appropriate sites centrally located and/or across the county.

Resources & Further Information

See these state resources for more details:

Additional information:

Information for health care providers can be found here.

This page is frequently updated as new information becomes available.