Check for available appointments:
Ypsilanti (age 16+): https://bit.ly/WCHDYpsiVax
Chelsea (age 18+): https://bit.ly/WCHDChelseaVax
Updated 4/22 at 3:00 pm
Everyone 16 years old or older is now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine in Michigan.
- The Washtenaw County Health Department is only vaccinating people who live or work in Washtenaw County. If you don’t live or work in Washtenaw County, find your local health department’s vaccine website here.
- All vaccination is by appointment. Please do NOT show up at any vaccination site without an appointment. (NO doses are wasted. Do NOT show up to request an unused dose.)
- Vaccine doses are allocated to local health systems and health providers at the state level. The Health Department does not control these supplies but is working with health partners to coordinate delivery of vaccination to those eligible.
Printable COVID-19 Vaccine Scheduling Resources:
- How to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine with WCHD
- Spanish: Como programar una Vacuna COVID-19 con el Departamento de Salud
- Arabic: How to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine with WCHD
A COVID-19 vaccine will be critical in slowing the spread and helping communities recover from the pandemic. Stopping a pandemic will take ALL our tools: handwashing, masks, social distancing, and vaccines. Taken together, these tools offer the best chance of getting our communities, schools, and work sites back to normal sooner. Please remember we will need to continue using prevention strategies as a vaccine becomes available and for some time after.
Resources & Further Information
See these state resources for more details:
- Michigan Interim COVID-19 Vaccination Strategy
- Michigan Prioritization Guidance
- Michigan Vaccine FAQ document
- Statewide COVID-19 Vaccine Dashboard
- Updates from Michigan Medicine
- Updates from Saint Joseph Mercy Health
- Updates from IHA
- Vaccine information from the VA
- Vaccination information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Information for health care providers can be found here.
This page is frequently updated as new information becomes available.