Information for Candidates
COVID-19 Clerk/Register Reopening Plan
Effective June 15, 2020 the Clerk/Register’s office is available to the public in-person by appointment, only, in order to allow us to serve the public while carefully adhering to social distancing guidelines designed to protect the health of the public and staff.
We encourage you to access our services online or by mail unless it is necessary to visit us in-person.
For more information or to make an appointment at the Elections Division, contact: (734) 222-6730 or [email protected] on or after June 15.
- Affidavits of Identity may be notarized remotely by any Notary Public commissioned in the State of Michigan using any video conference platform that they’d like so long as the platform can record the transaction.
- Notaries Public can be found here.
- Petitions are available from the County Clerk’s office upon request.
- Campaign finance paperwork can be submitted by email to [email protected]
- Questions? Contact [email protected]
Candidates for Washtenaw Community College & Local School District Boards for whom Washtenaw County serves as filing official:
- The deadline to file an Affidavit of Identity and either a $100 nonrefundable filing fee or School Nominating petitions at the Washtenaw County Clerk’s office is July 21, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
Candidates for Ann Arbor & Ypsilanti District Library Boards:
- The deadline to file an Affidavit of Identity and either a $100 nonrefundable filing fee or Nonpartisan Nominating petitions at the Washtenaw County Clerk’s office is July 16, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
Candidates running without party affiliation for County Commissioner & Countywide officer:
- The deadline to file an Affidavit of Identity and Qualifying Petitions at the Washtenaw County Clerk’s office is July 16, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
Candidates running without party affiliation for Township, Ann Arbor City, and Ypsilanti City offices:
- The deadline to file an Affidavit of Identity and Qualifying Petitions at the appropriate City or Township Clerk’s office is July 16, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
Determine the position in which you are interested and its filing requirements; then, obtain the necessary documents from your local or county clerk, or the State Bureau of Elections.
View campaign finance reports and information.
Precinct Delegates are elected every even-year at the August State Primary. Learn about how to run for a precinct delegate office.
View the Washtenaw County Road Commission sign removal policy.