Resources for Renters

Eviction PreventionAre you worried about the eviction moratorium ending? Follow these helpful steps
Step 1: Apply for COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance (CERA) - Apply online at For paper applications or for assistance, contact HAWC at (734)-961-1999.
Tenant user guide available at
Step 2: Attend your court date - If you get notice of court dates, show up! When you show up, Legal Services can represent your court case until there has been time for CERA applications to be processed, and for landlords to receive back rent. 
Step 3: Do not move out - If you move out of your rental unit, you will be deemed ineligible for CERA. Remember to remain in your rented space and do not vacate until your CERA application has been processed. 
Step 4: If You missed your first court date, call Legal Services of South Central Michigan - If you were unable to make your first court date, do call Legal Services of South Central Michigan (LSSCM) for free legal advice and representation at (734)-665-6181 (Washtenaw County Office).  
For a full list of LSSCM Offices and contact information, visit

COVID Emergency Rental Assistance Opens in new window

Online Applications for rental assistance are now available! Click the link below to get started.


If you are facing eviction, call Housing Access for Washtenaw County at 734-961-1999 for financial assistance. You can also reach out for legal help by calling Legal Services of South Central Michigan at 734-665-6181.

For those who are unable to use the online portal, a paper copy of the application can be found here: 

English Application

Spanish Application

Arabic Application

Landlord Application

Once completed, email to [email protected],  or mail to:

Housing Access for Washtenaw County

100 Arbana Drive

Ann Arbor, MI 48103

user guide

The new CERA User Guide provides applicants with a step-by-step manual through the entire application process:

Click here for the English User Guide.

Haga clic aquí para la versión en Español de la Guía Para el Usuario.


Call a Barrier Buster Agency for financial assistance to help cover important costs or make Utility payments.

Eviction Prevention Progam Flyer Opens in new window Barrier Busters is a network of over 100 local service agencies, community groups, churches, and more seeking to serve Washtenaw County residents. 

Visit to find an operating agency. Contact them and they will work with you to connect you to financial assistance!