Current Court Operations - Effective 6/29/2020
The Courthouse is working to minimize the need to enter the building by offering filing via email along with our regular phone support.
Filings should be submitted to the court in the follow manner:
Civil, Domestic and Name Changes - Mandatory e-filing for attorneys. Self-represented litigants may e-file, mail or email filings to [email protected]
PPOs - Emailed to [email protected]
Criminal, Juvenile, Probate, Mental Health and Appeals - Emailed to [email protected] (or by mail)
FOC filings - Emailed to [email protected] (or by mail)
Drop Box - Located at the front door for filing any documents not required to be e-filed by attorneys
- To schedule a motion hearing, contact the court for a date and complete the Zoom Notice of Motion Hearing Form. Once accepted by the Court, the filer will receive the completed form with the Zoom meeting ID.
- Zoom Hearing Instructions
- Criminal Dockets for all in-custody and a selection of out-of-custody criminal cases are live streamed M-F @ 1:30 pm via YouTube. Please click "Live Stream"
- Case evaluations will be held via Zoom. Attorneys will receive Zoom meeting ID prior to evaluation date.
- Summaries and fees are to be mailed to the Trial Court.
Personal Protection Orders
- Petitions for and proposed Personal Protection Orders should be emailed to [email protected]. Forms are also available in the front entrance of the courthouse at 101 E. Huron St. (Monday thru Friday from 8 am until 4:30 pm). There is a drop box at the entrance near security for all completed PPO Petitions and proposed Personal Protection Orders for routing to the Judge. Forms for personal protection petitions and orders can also be found on the SCAO’s website PPO Forms Link
- Please take a moment to view the following videos created by the Honorable Patrick Conlin for instructions regarding Personal Protection Orders and Family Law Issues
- Intro - Family Division Washtenaw County Trial Court, Judge Patrick Conlin
- Dealing with Emergency Matters in the Washtenaw County Family Court
- How to Process Petitions for Personal Protection Orders
- What to do if your Personal Protection Order is set to expire during Emergency Court Closure
- Violation of Personal Protection Order - What to do?
New Attorney Swear-In
- The Washtenaw County Trial Court has scheduled an attorney swear-in Zoom ceremony.
- Friday, July 31st at 9:00 AM - Conducted by Judge Tim Connors
- Registration Required, Zoom information to be provided to registered participants only. Guests may view ceremony through a Live-Stream YouTube link. Please register by sending an email to [email protected] with the subject "Zoom Swear-In". Please click here for additional information regarding Washtenaw County Trial Court’s new attorney swear-in process.
- There is a drop box for filing documents from 8:00am - 4:30pm at the courthouse. Attorneys should not place filings for cases with mandatory e-filing in the drop box. They must be e-filed.
- Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Washtenaw County Trial Court is required to limit access to the courtrooms and is conducting some hearings remotely. Any member of the public may request and obtain a copy of public hearing videos by emailing [email protected]. Please put in the subject line - "Video Recording Request" and include the case number and date of the hearing.