Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Information for Providers
UPDATED May 27, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
Medical providers needing assistance with diagnosis and infection control can call the Washtenaw County Health Department at 734-544-6700 (Mon – Fri, 8:30 am - 9:00 pm) or 734-994-2911 #8 (After Hours). Please don’t call multiple Health Department staff with the same question. We will get back to your calls to our main lines as soon as possible.
Latest General COVID-19 Updates
- Review steps of Evaluating Patients Who May Have COVID-19 Checklist (Revised May 26, 2020). The checklist includes testing criteria. If you would like to test through Bureau of Laboratories, please contact 734-544-6700 or [email protected].
- Find a list of other testing locations throughout the county on our COVID-19 testing page.
Referrals for Housing COVID-19 Clients
- Flyer for Temporary Housing for COVID-19
- Intake Form for Clients in Need of COVID-19 Isolation and Quarantine Housing (typeable Word document)
- Intake Form for Clients in Need of COVID-19 Isolation and Quarantine Housing (typeable PDF form)
- Informed Consent Form for Temporary COVID-19 Housing (typeable PDF form)
- Informed Consent for Temporary COVID-19 Housing (typeable Word document)
- Request form for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) from Washtenaw County (typeable Word document)
- Request form for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) from Washtenaw County (typeable PDF form)
Managing COVID-19 Illness at Home
- Detailed directions for home isolation, quarantine, social distancing, monitoring
- Social distancing, self-monitoring, quarantine, isolation definitions and instructions one-pager: English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Arabic
- Recommendations for managing symptoms, when to seek medical care, and how to seek medical care: English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Arabic
- 10 ways to manage your respiratory symptoms at home fact sheet
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health while Social Distancing, Isolating, or Quarantining
Healthcare Worker and First Responder Self-monitoring and Isolation
- Isolation and Self-monitoring Guidance for Healthcare Workers and First Responders (Revised May 11, 2020)
Preparing your Clinic for COVID-19
- Is my clinic ready for COVID-19? Checklist
- Preparing your clinic for COVID-19 information from CDC
- Triage Notes
- Building signs and additional handouts are available on our multilingual materials page.
Emotional Health Support
- Support for Emotional Health of the Health Care Workforce (MDHHS)
- Support for Emotional Health of the Behavioral Health Workforce (MDHHS)
- Support for First Responders (MDHHS)
- MI Frontline Support
Additional Information for Providers
- COVID-19 Infection prevention and control for long-term care facilities PowerPoint slides from Washtenaw County Health Department, April 24, 2020
- COVID-19 Information for Medical Professional & Staff - Webinar Hosted by MDHHS Chief Medical Executive Dr. Joneigh S. Khaldun.
- Michigan COVID-19 testing process infographic
- Additional MDHHS information for healthcare professionals
- Additional CDC Information for Healthcare Professionals