Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Information for Providers
UPDATED Jan 7, 2021
Medical providers needing assistance with diagnosis and infection control can call the Washtenaw County Health Department at 734-544-6700 during business hours or 734-994-2911 #8 after hours.
General COVID-19 Updates
Reinforce Isolation and Quarantine Guidance for All Patients
With the number of new cases remaining high, calls from the Health Department may be delayed. Please give all patients clear instructions to isolate or quarantine after their diagnosis or exposure and while they wait for test results. Adhering to isolation or quarantine guidance is especially important for those waiting for testing or results, given current demands for testing and increased wait times.
COVID-19 Vaccine Updates for Health Care Providers
Health care providers are slated for vaccination in the first phase of distribution. Those who have not yet been vaccinated for the current flu season, should do so now.
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MHDDS) COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Guidance and Educational Resources
- Review steps of Evaluating Patients Who May Have COVID-19 Checklist (Revised May 26, 2020). The checklist includes testing criteria. If you would like to test through Bureau of Laboratories, please contact 734-544-6700 or [email protected].
- Find a list of other testing locations throughout the county on our COVID-19 testing page.
Managing COVID-19 Illness at Home
- Detailed directions for home isolation, quarantine, social distancing, monitoring
- Social distancing, self-monitoring, quarantine, isolation definitions and instructions one-pager: English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Arabic
- Recommendations for managing symptoms, when to seek medical care, and how to seek medical care: English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Arabic
- 10 ways to manage your respiratory symptoms at home fact sheet
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health while Social Distancing, Isolating, or Quarantining
Healthcare Worker and First Responder Self-monitoring and Isolation
- Isolation and Self-monitoring Guidance for Healthcare Workers and First Responders (Revised May 11, 2020)
Preparing your Clinic for COVID-19
- Is my clinic ready for COVID-19? Checklist
- Preparing your clinic for COVID-19 information from CDC
- Triage Notes
- Building signs and additional handouts are available on our multilingual materials page.
Emotional Health Support
- Support for Emotional Health of the Health Care Workforce (MDHHS)
- Support for Emotional Health of the Behavioral Health Workforce (MDHHS)
- Support for First Responders (MDHHS)
- MI Frontline Support
Additional Information for Providers
- COVID-19 Infection prevention and control for long-term care facilities PowerPoint slides from Washtenaw County Health Department, April 24, 2020
- COVID-19 Information for Medical Professional & Staff- Webinar Hosted by MDHHS Chief Medical Executive Dr. Joneigh S. Khaldun.
- Michigan COVID-19 testing process infographic
- Additional MDHHS information for healthcare professionals
- Additional CDC Information for Healthcare Professionals