The Michigan Care Improvement Registry (MCIR) is a database that tracks the immunizations (vaccines) given to people in the state of Michigan. Doctors’ offices, local health departments, and MCIR can provide records to you for these immunizations.
Due to privacy concerns, immunization records cannot be emailed or accessed online.
How to get an immunization record
If you live in Michigan, here are your options:
- Option 1: Contact your primary care doctor. They can usually print a record for you.
- Option 2: Visit your local health department. The Washtenaw County Health Department can issue an immunization record for any Michigan resident. You must come to our Ypsilanti office and you must show photo ID. You may only receive immunization records for yourself, or your children if they are under the age of 18 and you are listed as the responsible party in MCIR. The records are $5.00 each, and cap off at $15.00 a family. If we provide a service to you such as a vaccine, TB skin test, or sexual health services, you may receive your immunization record free of charge at your visit/appointment.
- Option 3: Request your immunization record directly from MCIR by mail/fax using this form. Requests from MCIR can take up to 14 business days to process.
If you live out of state, here are your options:
- Option 1: Go to your doctor’s office or the local health department where you live, and have them request the information from us. Our phone number is 734-544-6700 and our secure fax number is 734-544-6707. They will verify your identity and fax a Release of Information (ROI) form to us. We will then fax back your immunization record. No fees apply if we send the record directly to a health department or a doctor’s office.
- Option 2: Request your immunization record directly from MCIR by mail/fax using this form. Note that international requests must include an email address, and MCIR cannot fax or phone internationally. Requests from MCIR can take up to 14 business days to process.
If you have questions about vaccines or about getting your immunization record, please call us at 734-544-6700.