Search and Request Records
All documents recorded with the Register of Deeds Office are available to the public.
|Copies of documents - In-person or by mail||$1 per page|
|Copies of documents - Online||$1.20 per page (includes convenience fee)|
|Copies of Plats (recorded subdivisions)||$2 per page|
|Certified Copies||$5 per document, in addition to copy fee|
Search & Order Copies of Records
There is no charge to search the database and view data. The fee to view, print, or save document images is $1.20 per page, payable by credit card prior to viewing.
- In Person by appointment. Call 734-222-6710 or email [email protected]
If you desire a more thorough search, you may come to the office and staff may assist you. In-person payment of copy fees is accepted in the form of cash, check/money order or credit (Visa, MasterCard & Discover only, until 4 pm, daily) and must accompany the request.
Please provide as much of the following information about the document you are requesting as possible.
- Liber and Page of recorded document.
- Type of document. (deed, mortgage, easement)
- 1st party (grantor, mortgagor, dischargor)
- 2nd party (grantor, mortgagee, dischargee)
- Approximate year of recording in this office.
- If this request is for a deed, and the original sale was by Land Contract, what year was the Land Contract paid off?
- If requesting Plat copies, name of subdivision is required.
Commercial Subscriptions to Online Data & Images
Subscriptions for unlimited access to view & print documents from the Register of Deeds online portal are available.
To purchase a weekly or monthly subscription, register or login to the online portal and choose Shopping > Buy Subscription. For an annual subscription contact the Register of Deeds office at 734-222-6710.
|Annual Subscription||Contact Register of Deeds|