Part-Time Drug Testing Agent
HOURLY RATE: $16.00 - $18.00
TITLE: PART-TIME DRUG TESTING AGENT
LOCATION: Community Corrections, 4101 Washtenaw, Ann Arbor
UNION AFFILIATION: Temporary Employee
Under the supervision of a higher classified employee, conducts various regularly scheduled and/or random drug tests on program participants in accordance with protocols. Enters and maintains required records in various databases; provides reports. Work schedule may vary.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Collects samples and performs a variety of drug and substance abuse testing in accordance with established protocols utilizing approved technology and equipment.
- Schedules participants for testing and ensures compliance with testing requirements. Maintains records of activity and enters data in various databases.
- Provides reports of results and compliance to management and specific reports to Probation, Parole, the court and other system users and clients.
- Maintains laboratory equipment inventory and invoicing.
- Attends meetings and trainings as required.
- Writes internal communications and reports as required.
- Represents the Office of the Sheriff Community Corrections in a manner consistent with Office mission, strategies and values.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with local criminal justice system officials and peer professionals.
- Maintains a practical familiarity with the criminal justice system.
- Uses standard office equipment and computers as well as other various technologies in the course of the work.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Basic knowledge of the criminal justice system.
- Basic laboratory operation protocol.
- Information recordkeeping and report preparation.
- Office administrative principles and practices, including the operation of standard office equipment.
- Computer applications related to the work.
- Managing confidential information.
- Meeting specific operational and functional standards, tolerances and time constraints.
- Effective oral, interpersonal and written communication skills. Preparing clear, concise and effective written materials.
- Using sound independent judgment within established policy and procedures and other guidelines. Maintaining accurate records and files.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work including individuals of diverse socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Working cooperatively and effectively within a team and the larger organizational setting.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION
Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to work at any designated work site.
Duties require sufficient mobility to work in a normal office setting and use standard office equipment including a computer, vision to read printed materials and a VDT screen and hearing and speech sufficient to communicate in person or over the telephone. Duties may require employee to exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. These requirements may be accommodated for otherwise qualified individuals requiring and requesting such accommodations.
Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent. Possession of a post high school degree or other relevant coursework, certificates, etc. is also desirable.
One (1) year of experience working in a criminal justice, social work, medical or comparable setting. Experience working with automated information systems is preferred.
This class description intends to identify the major duties and requirements of the job and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related duties other than those outlined above and may be required to increase specific job-related competencies, knowledge, skills or licensing and certifications for successful job performance.
CONTROL NUMBER: 1812-50-0000-0000
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER