Thank you for submitting the initial application for the Security Screening Pre-Check program. Please follow the additional instructions below as described in the program's Reference Guide:
- Print out and complete the Background Check Form.
- Return the completed Background Check Form, in person, to the Records Bureau of the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office. Completed forms must be accompanied with the $75.00 application: photo identification and current Bar Card must also be presented.
- Your application will then proceed to a Background Investigation to be conducted by the Sheriff's Office. Components of the evaluation may include:
- Criminal records check
- Internal security assessment
- Reference checks as requested
- Approved applicants will receive a Pre-Check identification card valid for two calendar years from the date of issue.
Should you have any additional questions regarding the Pre-Check Program, please direct them to the Court Security Sergeant; contact information can be found at the Court Security Services page.