Security Screening Pre-Check Program
The Security Screening Pre-Check Program enables professional visitors to the Washtenaw County Jail an expedited security screening process. Authorized Pre-Check participants may pass through security screening without removing shoes or belts.
Laptops and other equipment are still subject to search.
- Professional visitors over the age of 17 may apply for expedited security screening at the 14A1 District Court, known as the Pre-Check Program.
- Discretion for approval and denial of Pre-Check applicants rests solely with the Sheriff's Office.
- Revocation of Pre-Check privleges may occur at the sole discretion of the Sheriff's Office.
Approved Pre-Check Members:
- Will receive a Pre-Check identification card valid for two calendar years from the date of issue.
- Must present their Pre-Check identification cards at the time of screening. Members without their cards are subject to standard security screening processes.
- Must successfully pass through security screening but may do so without removing shoes, jackets, or belts.
- Sheriff's Office security staff reserve the right to search any person or item as required to ensure the safety and efficient operation of the jail.
- Pre-Check members found to be in possession of prohibited items are subject to revocation of program participation privileges and may be criminally prosecuted.
- Complete the Initial Screening Application.
- Once the above form is submitted, you will receive an email from Smartsheet™ with additional instructions regarding the application process, program, and required documentation to complete and return to the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office.
- The $75.00 fee must be paid when the signed documentation is returned in person to the Records Bureau of the Sheriff's Office. Applicant must present current valid photo identification and current Bar Card when fee is paid for identification purposes
- The Sheriff's Office will conduct the required checks and inform you of the status.
- Approved applicants will receive a Sheriff's Office ID that will be valid for two (2) years from date of issue.