The Environmental Council’s mission is to create a vibrant, sustainable, net-zero Washtenaw County through developing environmental policy and organizational recommendations for Washtenaw County government, in order to:
- Achieve net-zero emissions for County operations by 2030.
- Protect and improve the County's air, land, water, and food network, and both mental and public health as related to the environment.
- Address and counter environmental and intergenerational injustice.
The Council welcomes public input and involvement. Please come to our meetings and outreach events!
The next meeting of the Environmental Council will be held on
Tuesday, January 23, 2024 at 5:00 pm.
The Washtenaw County Environmental Council meets the 4th Tuesday of the month at 5:00 PM remotely through zoom. Please view the Environmental Council Meeting Calendar for specific meeting dates.
Meeting ID: 873 0013 5225
The calendar, agendas, and minutes of the Environmental Council can be found here in the Agenda Center.
|Name||Seat||End of Term||Appointment Resolution|
|Kris Olsson||Community Groups||12/31/2024||22-230|
|Gay MacGregor||Vehicle Emission Reduction Issues||12/31/2024||22-230|
|Michelle Deatrick||Land Use and Preservation||12/31/2023||22-059|
|Anne Brown||Racial Equity and Environmental Issues||12/32/2023||22-059|
|Tim Redmond||Sustainable Agriculture||12/31/2024||22-230|
|Benjamin VanGessel||Infrastructure Energy Reduction Issues||12/31/2024||23-008|
|Theresa Tupacz||Sustainable Energy Producers||12/32/2024||22-059|
|Hudson Villeneuve||Community Groups||12/31/2024||21-137|
|Annie Somerville||BOC Liaison||12/31/2023||23-006|
|Katie Scott||BOC Liaison||12/31/2023||23-006|
|Yousef Rabhi||BOC Liaison||12/31/2023||23-006|
|Elizabeth Ratzloff||Public Health||12/31/2024||23-008|
|Ruby Horton||Water Protection||12/31/2024||23-008|
Outreach and Public Engagement
- Friday, September 22 from 5:00 - 8:00 PM: The Council will be at the A2ZERO Green Fair located on Main Street in Downtown Ann Arbor
- Please visit our table to share your climate priorities, learn about our work and the County's Climate Action Plan, and Resilient Washtenaw.
- Fourth Tuesday of every month from 5:00 - 6:30 PM: Public Comment at Council Meetings
- The Council welcomes public comment at our meetings. Public Comment takes place at the beginning of the meeting. Meetings take place via Zoom.