Information for Voters
*NEW* Find My Elected Officials Tool
Looking for information about your elected officials, including ways to contact them? Use Washtenaw County's "Find My Elected Officials". This application provides information about all elected offices in Washtenaw County, including state/federal, municipal, school, library and judicial offices.
City/Township Clerk's Office Extended Voting Hours
Voters in Washtenaw County may visit their City or Township Clerk during extended hours offered between now and Election Day.
This page will be updated with additional information prior to the next upcoming election.
Click here (link) to learn about the measures taken to ensure free, fair & secure elections in the State of Michigan.
Register to Vote
Voters can register at Michigan.gov/VoterRegistration or send an application to the County Clerk’s office or directly to their City or Township Clerk’s office by mail. Voter can register in-person at their City or Township Clerk’s up to and including Election Day. Learn more about how to register to vote, here.
Michigan Voter Information Center
Visit Michigan.gov/Vote to:
- Find your polling location
- Find your City or Township Clerk
- Request an Absentee Voter Ballot or track an absentee ballot you’ve requested.
- View a sample ballot for an immediately upcoming election
- Learn how to become a poll worker
- Who may register to vote?
- When and how may I register to vote?
- Do I have to register for each election?
- May I register to vote by mail?
- I submitted a voter registration application. What happens next?
- What should I do if I have moved within my city or township of residence or changed my name since the last election?
- What should I do if I move to another city or township within the state?
- Can I vote by absentee ballot?
- How do I apply for an absent voter ballot?
- When must my absentee ballot be returned?
- How do I find my City or Township Clerk?
- Where do I vote?
- When are the polls open?
- What is the voting procedure?
- What should I do if my name does not appear on the list of registered voters at my polling place?
- May I receive assistance when voting?
- May I take campaign literature into the polling place?
- Is campaigning allowed on election day?
- Are "selfies" allowed at the polls?
- What is the difference between a Primary and General election?