Information for Voters
City/Township Clerk Extended Hours for Voter Registration & Absentee Voting
Every City and Township Clerk will be open for voters during the weekend prior to the election.
- Voter Registration (with proof of residency)
- Absentee Ballot Requests
- Update Voter Registration record
Sign Up to Receive an Absent Voter Ballot APPLICATION by Mail Prior to Every Election
- Voters on the Permanent Absent Voter List are sent an Absent Voter Ballot Application by mail prior to every election.
- The voter can choose whether or not they would like to submit the Application to receive a ballot.
- Voters on this list are not automatically sent a ballot itself.
Click here (link) to learn about the measures taken to ensure free, fair & secure elections in the State of Michigan.
Register to Vote
Voters can register at Michigan.gov/VoterRegistration or send an application to the County Clerk’s office or directly to their City or Township Clerk’s office by mail. Voter can register in-person at their City or Township Clerk’s up to and including Election Day. Learn more about how to register to vote, here.
Michigan Voter Information Center
Visit Michigan.gov/Vote to:
- Find your polling location
- Find your City or Township Clerk
- Request an Absentee Voter Ballot or track an absentee ballot you’ve requested.
- View a sample ballot for an immediately upcoming election
- Learn how to become a poll worker
- Who may register to vote?
- When and how may I register to vote?
- Do I have to register for each election?
- May I register to vote by mail?
- I submitted a voter registration application. What happens next?
- What should I do if I have moved within my city or township of residence or changed my name since the last election?
- What should I do if I move to another city or township within the state?
- Can I vote by absentee ballot?
- How do I apply for an absent voter ballot?
- When must my absentee ballot be returned?
- How do I find my City or Township Clerk?
- Where do I vote?
- When are the polls open?
- What is the voting procedure?
- What should I do if my name does not appear on the list of registered voters at my polling place?
- May I receive assistance when voting?
- May I take campaign literature into the polling place?
- Is campaigning allowed on election day?
- Are "selfies" allowed at the polls?
- What is the difference between a Primary and General election?