Lifeguarding, CPR/AED & First Aid Training
To accommodate current health and safety standards, face masks will be REQUIRED by participants. Our courses have been converted to partially virtual to ensure the safety of all participants. All details of the course will be listed in the agenda.
All Lifeguarding courses align with the American Red Cross program. These courses are designed by industry-leading standards that will provide participants information on how to help others stay safe in, on, or around water. Gain knowledge & demonstrate lifeguarding skills, emergency procedures, become comfortable with water rescue drills, conducting CPR and using an AED, performing first aid and learning how to work with a team.
- Lifeguarding Certifications are valid for 2 years upon completion of the course
- It is the participants responsibility to keep their certification current
- If you have any questions or issues with your certification please contact the American Red Cross Support Center at 1-(800)-733-2767
Full Course: $200
Prerequisites for course (students must complete these skills on the first day of the course in order to continue)
- Applicants must be 15 years of age to take the course and must be 16 years of age to be eligible for employment at Rolling Hills.
- Swim 300 yards continuously without stopping (swim either freestyle/front crawl and/or breaststroke)
- Tread water for 2 minutes while only using legs
- Complete a timed brick test in 1 minute and 40 seconds or less. (participants will start at the shallow end of the pool, swim 20 yards, perform a feet-first or head-first surface dive 7-10ft under water and grab a 10lb brick, return to the surface and participants will swim on their back towards the shallow end for 20 yards with using both hands to hold onto the brick)
Re-certification Course: $100
These courses are designed to review each participants knowledge and skills, while providing the most up-to-date practices. Participants must have a valid Lifeguarding certification to register.
*If certification requirements are not met, no refunds will be issued.
|UPCOMING 2021 COURSES
May 10 | 8:00am-3:00pm @ Rolling Hills County Park Lodge
May 11-14 | 8:00am-3:00pm @ EMU Campus
|EMU Campus||Mar. 13-14 | 10:00am-3:00pm @ EMU|
|May 27 | 8:30am-2:00pm @ Rolling Hills County Park Lodge
May 28 | 5:00pm-9:00pm @ EMU Campus
May 29-30 | 8:00am-6:00pm @ EMU Campus
|EMU Campus||May 29-30 | 1:00am-6:00pm @ EMU|
For more information or any questions, please give us a call at (734) 484-9676 x200 or email [email protected]
Due to COVID-19 health & safety measures, we have limited in-office hours therefore phone response times may be delayed. If you need immediate assistance please email us and someone will get back with you shortly.