The Racial Equity Office was established in 2018 by a resolution of the Board of Commissioners. We are charged with "spearheading the charge of the ( racial equity) policy, addressing existing inequities in the county and ultimately making Washtenaw County a more equitable place to live and work.
Washtenaw County is one of the wealthiest counties in Michigan, with high incomes and high rankings as one of the most economically vibrant, educated, healthy, and best places to live in the state. However, this is not true for all residents of Washtenaw County. There are deep inequities in our county. Washtenaw County is committed to improving the quality of life for residents.
Free Mask Program:
To request FREE Kn95 masks, please complete this request form.
- Masks come in boxes of 1000.
- Masks are NOT for resale.
- Pick up days are Tuesday/Thursday from 10am- 3pm.
- Masks are available on a first come, first served basis.
- All who live or work in Washtenaw County are eligible.
COVID-19 PSA from WASHTENAW COUNTY COMMUNITY MEMBERS