Peer 2 Peer (P2P) programming pairs Community Outreach Workers with Michigan Department of Corrections (MDOC) probationers in Washtenaw County communities. The Outreach Workers act in the role of “peer mentors” for the probationers.
Program goals include:
- Supporting probationers in obtaining and maintaining stable employment.
- Decreasing substance abuse.
- Providing access to community resources.
- Reducing technical and new offense violations.
- Supporting the overall successful completion of probation supervision.
This program showcases Outreach Workers at their very best, supporting state-system probationers to be successful in completing the terms of their probation, and in laying the foundation for them to never re-offend.
To learn more or to get involved contact our office.