Report a Concern

If your issue is an emergency, please call 911.

COVID-19 or Stay Home/Stay Safe Complaints

To report concerns about coronavirus COVID-19, essential businesses, social distancing, or Stay Home/Stay Safe violations, please email [email protected] or call 734-544-6700 and leave a message. Voicemail messages are checked several times a day, and calls will be returned within 24 hours.

Housing, Sanitation & Environmental

The Environmental Health Division responds to housing complaints and other issues involving unsanitary conditions. Common complaints we receive include mold in an apartment, bedbugs in a motel, sewage surfacing from a failing septic system, and tattoos being performed in an unlicensed location.

Report a sanitation complaint

Food Service Establishments

Common food service establishment complaints we receive include restaurant employees not wearing gloves while handling food, insects in the establishment or other unsanitary conditions.

Report a restaurant complaint

Foodborne Illness (Food Poisoning)

If you believe you have gotten sick from food you ate at a restaurant, grocery store, event or other food service facility in Washtenaw County, please report it to our office.

Report a foodborne illness

Clean Indoor Air & Smoking

The Clean Indoor Air Regulation prohibits smoking, including the use of electronic nicotine delivery systems, e-cigarettes or similar devices, in public and private worksites and enclosed public places, such as stores, public buildings, reception areas and public transportation.

Report a smoking complaint

Animal Bites & Rabies

All animal bites and exposures to bats should be reported to the Washtenaw County Health Department. Our communicable disease staff is available to consult regarding the need for post-exposure prophylaxis for humans. We also coordinate testing for rabies on animals.

Report an animal bite

Communicable Disease Reporting

Physicians, labs, infection control practitioners, schools, child care centers, and other care providers are required to report certain diseases to the local health department. Currently, there are over 70 reportable diseases in Michigan.

Report a communicable disease