The Washtenaw County Clerk/Register’s office is closed to the public through April 13, 2020.
Our offices will not be available in-person or by phone during this time.
Certain Clerk/Register services will continue at reduced capacity ONLINE and BY MAIL - Please see here for more information.
Documents in URGENT need of being recorded during this closure may be submitted by:
e-Recording or United States Postal Service mail (only) to:
Washtenaw County Register of Deeds, PO Box 8645, Ann Arbor, MI 48107
Please submit ONLY documents that are in URGENT need of recording at this time.
Please allow extra time for recordings and electronic tax certifications to be processed.
Effective 3/26/2020: e-Recording has been reinstated.
Effective 3/26/2020: the Washtenaw County Treasurer has resumed providing tax certificates for documents submitted electronically (only).
If submitting by mail use only USPS as any other mail/package carrier may not deliver to our PO box.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Washtenaw County Clerk/Register of Deeds is pleased to accept certain documents submitted for recording electronically through several approved vendors. eRecording is a convenient and secure alternative to recording documents in-person or by mail.
eRecording allows for the rapid submission and return of documents, reduces payment errors, improves document control and tracking, and allows for quick resolution and re-submission of rejected documents.
Document Types that May be eRecorded at Our Office
Deeds, mortgages, liens, releases, assignments and many other document types may be submitted for recording electronically at our office. For a complete list please contact an approved vendor.
We accept eRecordings from the vendors listed below. Please contact the vendors for their fees and further information.
- Corporation Service Company: https://www.erecording.com
- ePN: https://www.erecordingpartners.net
- Indecomm Global Services: https://dmg.indecomm.net/Solutions/eRecording
- Simplifile: https://simplifile.com
- Documents are accepted and processed between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM Monday - Friday excluding observed holidays
- Payments are accepted by ACH
- Documents submitted electronically are subject to the same recording fees and recording requirements prescribed by law as documents submitted by any other means
- Documents that do not meet recording requirements will be rejected and returned to the submitter through the eRecording vendor
- Processing fees may be collected by eRecording vendors and are not prescribed by law
- Electronically recorded documents will be returned to the submitter in electronic format
For more information contact the Register of Deeds office at 734-222-6710.