Looking for a career in criminal justice? Want to make a positive impact on your community? Be a part of a progressive public safety organization that embraces community engagement and forward-looking justice reforms to serve the Washtenaw County community.
As with many criminal justice agencies, our fundamental goal is to keep our neighborhoods safe; however, our approach varies from many similarly situated organizations. In alignment with the Sheriff's Office mission of creating public safety, providing quality service, and building strong and sustainable communities, we believe in a comprehensive approach to promoting public safety that includes:
- Thoughtful, information-driven polices and policing built upon proactive, community-based relationships.
- Safe, productive, and appropriate management of offenders in our jail and their eventual re-integration into our communities.
We focus on:
- Nurturing relationships and trust within our communities.
- Building sustainable communities in partnership with volunteers, human service providers, and community and economic development agencies and groups.
- Meeting pre-trial and sentenced offender needs with treatment, constructive activities, and community re-integration.
WCSO Human Resources:
Washtenaw County Service Center
2201 Hogback Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48105