Drain Petition Process

The Office of the Water Resources Commissioner (WCWRC), under the authority of the Michigan Drain Code (Act 40 of 1956), may receive petitions from Property Owners or Municipalities in order to construct new drains or to complete maintenance/improvement projects on existing drains. The WCWRC maintains and operates over 500 stormwater systems in Washtenaw County.

Drain Code Resources