- Your Government
- Departments A-H
- Health Department
- About Us
- Board of Health
Washtenaw County Board of Health
|Notice of hybrid meeting|
The June 23rd regular meeting of the Washtenaw County Board of Health will be remote and in-person. Members of the public are able to attend either remotely or in person.
These meetings are being held as hybrid meetings in accordance with the Open Meetings Act to further prevent the spread of COVID-19. Those wishing to view or participate in the meeting are able to do so using one of the following methods:
The next regular meeting is scheduled for June 23, 2023:
- 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Meetings are typically the 4th Friday of each month, unless the meeting will fall on a holiday. Meetings are not scheduled for August and November.
- 2023 Board of Health Meeting Dates (PDF)
Meeting Agendas, Minutes, and Recordings
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- View most recent agendas, minutes, and recordings for regular meetings
- To view recordings, click the link above and then click on the "media" post for the meeting you wish to view. Recordings are available for 2021, 2022, and 2023 meetings.
- View most recent minutes for Executive Committee meetings
View the Current Board of Health Members
- Resolution Ending the Sale of Flavored Tobacco Products, including Menthol Products, and Repealing Local Preemption of Tobacco Licensure and Sales Policies in the State of Michigan (April 28, 2023)
- Resolution Confirming Gun Violence as a Public Health Issue in Support of the Community Violence Intervention Team Recommendations (March 24, 2023)
- Resolution in Support of the Michigan Association of Local Public Health 2023 Legislative and Funding Priorities (Feb 24, 2023)
- A Resolution Recognizing Washtenaw County Environmental Health Program Administrator Jaclyn Bates for Receiving the Samuel M Stephenson Sanitarian of the Year Award (April 22, 2022)
- Resolution Recognizing Maria Militzer and Mexiquenses en Michigan for Receiving the Hometown Health Hero Award from the Michigan Public Health Week Partnership (April 22, 2022)
- Resolution Naming Racism as a Public Health Crisis and Confirming Our Collective Commitment to Health Equity in Washtenaw County (June 30, 2020).
About the Board
The Washtenaw County Board of Health works to identify public health problems and concerns in the community, establish health priorities and advise the Board of Commissioners and Health Department on issues and possible solutions.
The Board of Health is comprised of ten appointed members who serve as advocates and educators for public health services and policies.
Open Meetings Act
Posted in compliance with the Open Meetings Act 267 of 1976.
The County of Washtenaw will provide necessary reasonable auxiliary aids and services, such as for the hearing impaired and audio tapes of printed materials being considered at the meeting, to individuals with disabilities at the meeting upon 7 days’ notice to the County of Washtenaw. Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids or services should contact the County of Washtenaw by writing or calling the following: Human Resources, 734-222-6800, TDD # 734-994-1733, P.O. Box 8645, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48107-8645.
For further information please contact Washtenaw County Administration at 734-222-6850.