MRC Member Requirements
The MRC is no longer accepting new applications.
If you are interested in volunteering with the Washtenaw County Health Department please complete our Volunteer Interest Survey and complete a profile in the MI Volunteer Registry. For more details see the Volunteer in an Emergency page.
- We will contact people that have completed the survey based on your availability and our current volunteer needs.
- Please complete the survey if you would like to be contacted.
- Completing the survey is NOT signing up to volunteer. There are multiple steps to becoming a volunteer.
- It may take us a while to contact people that have completed the volunteer interest survey. Thank you for your patience.
What is the MRC?
The Washtenaw County Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) is for medical and non-medical volunteers. Joining the MRC will allow you to volunteer in many ways throughout the pandemic response, like at COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics, COVID-19 Testing Events and PPE/Cleaning supply distributions, as well as provide additional opportunities thereafter. There are multiple membership requirements.
All requirements must be completed before being approved.
Email Amanda Ng all completed items in one email, including a picture or PDF of the orientation quiz results, the 3-page application form, and a PDF copy of the ICS 100 certificate not the email. Failure to follow these directions will delay your approval.
If emailing the documents is a barrier please contact Amanda for alternatives.
- Online Orientation
View the orientation. Print or take a photo of your quiz results upon passing and send a copy to verify completion of this step. *Note that the links in the orientation are outdated. Please use the links below to complete steps 2-5.
- Membership Handbook
Read the membership handbook (PDF).
- Application Form
Complete, and turn in the application form (PDF). For resources on completing a Family Preparedness Plan visit the Emergency Preparedness page.
- MI Volunteer Registry
Register online. Your profile must be 100% complete. This site is used to notify, screen, and inform individuals in the event of a natural or public health emergency.
- Introduction to the Incident Command System Course
Complete the Introduction to the Incident Command System Course (IS-100.c). Take the exam and turn in a copy of your certificate. The certificate not the email must be sent in.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Have a valid license or photo I.D. (U.S. citizenship is not required).
- Remain free of felony and/or serious misdemeanor convictions.
- Consent to a background check and a professional license and credential check. License numbers must be provided for verification if applicable, current licensure is not required.
Questions about Volunteering?
Answers to some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about volunteering with the Washtenaw County Health Department (WCHD) during the pandemic.