Volunteer in an Emergency
We are grateful to everyone looking to volunteer!
- We will contact people that have completed the survey based on your availability and our current volunteer needs.
- Please complete the survey if you would like to be contacted.
- Completing the survey is NOT signing up to volunteer. There are multiple steps to becoming a volunteer.
- It may take us a while to contact people that have completed the volunteer interest survey. Thank you for your patience.
MI Volunteer Registry:
This system provides license and background checks, as well as tracks essential information we may need in a response. The MI Volunteer Registry is managed by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. All volunteers must complete a profile in the MI Volunteer Registry.
Tips for completing a profile in the MI Volunteer Registry:
- To register, press the red “Register Now” button on the right-hand side of the webpage.
- Then click the “Add Organizations” link (it has the orange plus next to it).
- Next click the plus sign to the left of “County Affiliation” to see the names of the counties.
- Select the box next to Washtenaw County so a checkmark appears in the box.
- Then press “Select” in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Complete the remaining fields. Your profile must be 100% complete in order to advance to the approval stage.
- If you have questions regarding the Registry, there is a “Registry FAQ” tab on the left-hand side of the webpage.
Washtenaw County Medical Reserve Corps (MRC):
The MRC is no longer accepting volunteer applications. This group is for medical and non-medical volunteers. MRC members can volunteer in a variety of ways. For more details see the Washtenaw County MRC Membership Requirements page.
Questions about Volunteering?
Answers to some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about volunteering with the Washtenaw County Health Department (WCHD) during the pandemic.