Court records are public unless restricted by Statute, Court Rule, or Local Administrative Order. Trial Court records may be viewed at the main office of Clerk of the Court-Court Services.
Requests to obtain copies of court documents may be made in person, by mail, or over the phone.
In person at the Court Services Office:
- Small Requests: up to 30 pages are completed while you wait
- Large Requests: over 30 pages are completed within 10 days
By mail-requests should include the following and are processed within 10 days. Please fill out completely and mail in the Trial Court Records Request Form (PDF) along with:
- Self-addressed stamped envelope
- Check-made out to “Washtenaw County Trial Court” with amount to be filled in
Over the phone with credit card payment - requests must include the following:
- Case number (if not known, please follow the above instructions for a Name search)
- Name of parties
- Document requested and date listed on case Register of Actions
- Whether it needs to be certified
- Normal: $2 per page
- Certified: $10 plus $1 per page
- Exemplified: $10 plus $1 per page
For any questions, please contact the Records Department at 734-222-3024. The Records Department, located on the first floor of the Washtenaw County Trial Court, is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please note that Court Staff are unable to provide any case information over the phone.