- Your Government
- Departments I - Z
- Trial Court
- General Info
- Court Tech Request
Court Tech Request
Washtenaw County Trial Court has various courtroom technologies available to assist attorneys and parties. With the exception of the ADA listening devices, a request for courtroom technology must be approved by the Judge / Judicial Staff using this Court Technology Request Form (PDF) at least three business days prior to the date the technology is needed.
The following outlines the technology currently available:
- ADA Assistive Listening Devices are available in all courtrooms for those that are hearing impaired. If possible, please let judicial staff know in advance that you need one of these devices so that it can be brought to the courtroom ahead of your arrival.
- Crestron Wireless Presentation System - Attorneys and parties may bring in their laptops to wirelessly display evidence on the large displays in courtrooms 3, 4, 8, 9 and 10. View the Manual explaining how to connect to a courtroom's Crestron Wireless Presentation System (PDF).
- All-in-One Evidence Cart with 60 inch Display, Laptop and DVD player - This is available to a party or attorney to display evidence in a courtroom without the Crestron Wireless Presentation System (courtrooms 5, 6, 11 and 12).
- Video Conferencing Capabilities - Each courtroom (other than courtroom 12) has the ability to have a party or witness testify by video conference using Polycom or Scopia software.
Judges’ Courtroom Numbers
- Judge O'Brien- Courtroom 3
- Judge Conlin- Courtroom 4
- Judge Van den Bergh- Courtroom 5
- Judge Brown - Courtroom 8
- Judge Kuhnke - Courtroom 9
- Judge Connors - Courtroom 10
- Judge Owdziej - Courtroom 11
Process for Scheduling Use of Technology in the Courtroom
All technology use must be tested prior to the hearing date to confirm a smooth presentation at the hearing. The following steps must be taken to use technology in the courtroom on your hearing date:
- Complete the Court Technology Request Form (PDF) and have the form signed by the Judge/Judge's staff.
- Email the signed form to [email protected] at least three business days prior to the hearing date. In the alternative, the form may be dropped off at Court Administration on the first floor of the courthouse at least three business days prior to the hearing date. Upon receipt of the signed form, you will be contacted by the Court's Information Technology department.
- Complete a test of the technology in the courtroom prior to the scheduled hearing date with a member of the Court's Information Technology department.
Any technology provided by the Washtenaw County Trial Court is done as a courtesy and the Court is not responsible for any failure of the equipment or the user’s failure to properly operate the equipment. That being said, the Court will make every effort possible to assist the user with the technology available to make a successful presentation. Users of the equipment should have materials available to alternatively display any evidence needed.