How to Apply
- Find the specific job that you want to apply for.
- Apply online by selecting the title of the position you are interested in. This will bring up the complete job posting for the particular position. On that page, there is a blue link that states "Apply for This Position Online."
- Select the blue link and the online job application will open up for you so that you can fill out your information. Have your reference information and phone numbers ready!
- When you are finished, please be sure that the "Finish" or "Submit" button on the last page of the application is selected so that your application will immediately go to our Recruitment and Hiring Manager for review. At that point, you will get a statement on the screen that says "Thank you for applying to Washtenaw County Government."
In the event you cannot apply online, please download the application (PDF) and send to Human Resources or fax it to us at 734-222-6775 before the stated deadline. You can also apply in person at our office. Timely submittal is important so please allow for mail time before deadline.
Avoid the Old Thumbs Down
- Do not type "see resume" on the application as this will void your application. Type in details of your work experience on the application.
- Make sure that you provide the information requested as you are competing with over 10,000 applications each year.
- Read our website so that you know as much as possible about Washtenaw County and our Guiding Principles.
- Make sure that you check the posting for test requirements and take the tests prior to the filing deadline.
Job Posting Schedule
New jobs are posted online every Monday. If Monday is a holiday, the posting date will be Tuesday.
NOTE: Testing will not be administered 3/16/20 - 4/6/20 due to the Coronavirus pandemic
- Clerical and Support positions require two tests. The clerical and typing tests which must be completed before the filing deadline. Some positions require a Data Entry test. Check the posting for test requirements.
- The Clerical, Typing and Data Entry Tests are administered on Wednesday mornings. Clerical/Typing testing is administered at 9 a.m. and the Data Entry test is administered at 10 a.m. (upon completion of Clerical/Typing testing). No appointment is necessary, but you must be signed in by the test start time. The typing test may be retaken once every 30 days. The clerical test once in 60 days.
- ***Note: No testing administration on June 24, 2020
(If testing is needed the week of 6/24/20 call 734-973-4590 to schedule)
- The test location is at the:
Washtenaw County Learning Resource Center
4135 Washtenaw Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
- Questions about testing? Contact Human Resources at 734-973-4590.