- My order states that I cannot move my children from the state of Michigan without approval of the Court. How do I get the Court's approval?
- Why won't the Friend of the Court enforce what the Judge said in Court, even if it is not in the written order?
- Can the Friend of the Court enforce the property settlement provisions contained in my Judgment of Divorce?
- What is a Friend of the Court Referee and what can they do?
- What can the Friend of the Court do to find a missing parent?
- What happens to my child support order and any support that may be owed when children are adopted?
- How do I get an order for support?
- Do I need to have an attorney to get an order for support?
- Does the judge have to use the Child Support Guideline or the Friend of the Court recommendation when setting support orders?
- If I have been paying my child support and the custodial parent is not allowing visitation, do I have to keep paying support?
- The non-custodial parent is not paying support. What can I do?
- The payer of support is self-employed and not making his or her support payments. What can the Friend of the Court do?
- My Court order states that I am to pay support through the Friend of the Court Office. Can I pay the support to the custodial parent directly?
- If child support has been ordered by the Court and either parent has a major increase or decrease in income, what can be done?
- Does the Friend of the Court have the right to deduct statutory service fees from a child support payment?
- If I am receiving public assistance, do I still get child support?
- Is the Friend of the Court responsible for making sure that child support money is being spent on the child?
- How do I get an order for custody?
- How do I change an existing order for custody?
- Do I need to have an attorney to get custody?
- Is there any way the Court can assist us in reaching an agreement on custody?
- Are there different kinds of custody?
- After a petition for custody has been filed, and we cannot reach our own agreement, what does the Friend of the Court have to do?
- Do I have the right to receive a copy of the Friend of the Court report and recommendation on custody?
- What will happen if I have an order for custody and the other parent does not return the child to me as stated in the Court order?
- Does the Friend of the Court have a responsibility to investigate alleged abuse and/or neglect of a child?
- My parenting time order states I have "reasonable visitation rights or reasonable parenting time". What does this mean?
- I have a specific parenting time schedule that I need to change. What can I do?
- If the payor of child support is not making regular child support payments, do I have to allow him/her to have parenting time?
- The other party is not following the parenting time order. What can I do?
- The other parent is not sending or returning clothing or other personal items for our child. Is there anything the Friend of the Court can do?
- Do I have to let my children go for parenting time if it appears that the other parent has been drinking or using drugs?
- I am concerned about the other parent discussing changes in the Court orders with the children. What can the Friend of the Court do?
- The Friend of the Court has refused to enforce my visitation order. What can I do?
- I have a parenting time order, and my teenage child does not want to come for parenting time. What can I do?